Oscars 2014 Recap slash Top 10 Memorable Moments
Oscars 2014 Recap slash Top 10 Memorable Moments This year's Oscars I have to say were one of the best. That was largely due to Ellen DeGeneres lively commentary and how she actually seemed to be having fun with the job. The show didn't feel as stuffy and boring as it usually does. She tweeted images live, ordered pizza for everyone, literally and made the actors appear more comfortable than usual. I think this was so smart, today's culture and young people especially live and die by social media, so putting this in the show was very smart of her.
Here is a quick recap of what went down and was fun to watch.
1. Jared Leto won for Best Supporting Actor for Dallas Buyers Club... That hair and the speech to his mother sigh, it was so sweet.
2. Lupita Nyong'o won Best Supporting Actress for 12 Years a Slave. Hell yes she deserved it and her speech was probably my favorite of the night. Also she got up and danced with Pharell when he sung "Happy," how cool is that?
3. Ellen ordered pizza for everyone, yeah it really happened!
4. The selfies. This was probably the coolest part of the show when she asked a bunch of actors to gather around to take a group shot and asked everyone to retweet.
5. Matthew McConaughy won for Best Actor for Dallas Buyers Club. He gave a great speech and ended it with his famous catchphrase "all right, all right, all right." Love him to quote my fellow bloggers, the McConaissance is in full effect now.
6. Leo won nothing boo sad :( Poor Leo at least he's hot, so who cares right?!
7. Jennifer Lawrence fell again, but we still love her. That dress, it was gorgeous and she is so fun and playful, she really is America's sweetheart right now.
8. Brad Pitt though... he was all up in Ellen's business and jumping into photos and helping hand out pizza. Funny!
9. Steve McQueen's reaction to winning Best Picture for 12 Years a Slave... HELL YES!!!!!!!
10. All the selfies floating around the net and photo bombs. Too cool I love seeing this type of stuff.
So that was the Oscars and this was James Franco at home... not giving 2 fcks about it. LOL.